Monday, April 1, 2013

First Stop: Casa Grande, AZ

I'm here in the desert of Casa Grande.  First day went great!  It's kind of a blur, but we arrived in good ol' Phoenix and our mission president and wife drove us to the mission home.  I have to admit, Tempe is so beautiful!  I don't think I would mind too much living there.  It's actually kind of green, and has pretty palm trees everywhere.  I stayed with a sweet sister named Sister Bennett. 

Then I got my companion, Sister White (or Blanca).  I think it'll be a fun three months with her!  She works hard and knows how to have fun.   We are white-washing in Casa Grande.  We are the first sisters here in over 30 years.  The wards are so excited to have us.  The leaders are awesome, they're so enthusiastic.  In one of the wards the couple in charge of the ward mission is our age, so it makes it way fun.  It's nice having a younger ward.  I taught my first lesson Thursday to A and T, and I extended a baptismal date, and A accepted!  When we got to church yesterday there was a guy in a white tux . . . one of our investigators that we hadn't met yet.  One of the first things he said to us was, "I want to be baptized."  So we got him on a date . . . haha.

My district leader gave me some pretty good advice on staying awake during six hours of church plus meetings.  I need to buy a stress ball :)  I love it here in Casa Grande.  right now the weather is perfect.  It's sunny.  I have a farmer's tan already, and it's in the 80s/90s/  I'm really enjoying it.

When we go street contacting, the trailer parks are my absolute favorite.  Everyone seems way nice.  Except some investigators are having trouble going to a different church.  Apparently this church is also in Idaho.  It's called the Cowboy Church.  It's exactly what it sounds like.  Horses, lassos, you get my drift.  Anyway, for some reason people here really like this church and have a hard time letting it go.  I mean, I like horses too, but not that much.

Anyway, I'm happy and I love it!  

P.S.  I already had a baptism on Saturday!  hahaha.  It was SO great!  I talked during it and everything.  His wife and kids are LDS, and he had had baptismal dates before but never kept them.  I guess it just took a couple of sisters to get him going :)

New address:

351 N. Peart Rd. #1511
Casa Grande, AZ 85122

No comments:

Post a Comment