Monday, April 15, 2013

Golden Investigator at the Wrong House!

Honestly, this week kind of sucked with being homesick.  Enjoy all the little things for me, ok?

Other than that this week was great.  Elder Mellor, in the MTC said,  "I miss sleep more than I miss my own mother."  I agree, but not as much to say more than my own mother :)  I've learned that I have a great talent. I can fall asleep wherever and whenever I want!  It's so hard in the mornings and church... but alas I try.   

Sister White and I were going to our favorite place in Casa Grande, Colonia del Sol, the trailer park, to visit an investigator that we haven't met yet.  When we knocked on the door, another lady opened it, who was another investigator who we had never met.  Surprise!  Wrong house, yet the right house… She invited us in and we had a long talk with her. One of the first things she said to us was, "Yo se que la iglesia es verdadera".  Boom!   We sat down, asked, why are you not baptized?? The spirit was so strong, it was great.  She said a prayer, and decided she needed to be baptized on the 27 of April :)  She's been coming to church and we've been stopping by ever since.   She is seriously so amazing. One of my favorite people to teach because she is so sincere and doesn't tell me I'm too quiet :)

Then this weekend was the baptism for Andres y Teresa. It went so well!  They were so happy and excited. Teresa said to us after her baptism, "This is the family I've always wanted".  Then I guess afterwards, Presidente Garcia told us that they had a party at their house after the baptism and sang karaoke in English with the branch hahaha, they're so funny.  I'd bet money that Andres will be an area 70 one day. 


Zone conference was great, we found out that they are changing things up a bit.  Sisters now have a leadership position.  It's just like a zone leader, but for sisters. So that's exciting news.

We go to the Mesa temple on Wednesday, and I can't wait!  I really need it.

Well, I love you!!!!  Thank you for EVERYTHING!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment