Thursday, March 21, 2013

Last Full Week in MTC

This week has been so great!  I keep asking myself how did I get so lucky to have the best district in the MTC and best teachers.   Remember how the last week home really sucked for me cause I knew I would be saying good-bye soon?  It's the same way here, I'm so sad to say good-bye to these Elders and Hermanas.  Hermana Child went to the temple with us today and ate breakfast.  It was a lot of fun being with her outside of the MTC.  I've been seeing Courtney a lot this week!  It's been so fun!  It seems like she really loves it, and her companion.  Her comp seems really great.  She leaves a day before me! 

This week for Relief Society Sister Stevens from the Primary  Presidency spoke.  It was one of the best talks I've heard here.  I had to give my first talk in sacrament last Sunday.  It w as all in Spanish.  I admit, I may have copied and pasted from Preach My Gospel, but no one knows that . . . :)

The weather has been so great here.  Hermana Jacobsen and I decided to study outside for an hour this week, and I already have a sunburn and now a tanline. . . Arizona is going to give me sun cancer.  ha.  One of my roommates said that somewhere in AZ it's already passed the 100s.  I received a letter from my mission president this week, and it's gotten me pretty excited, and a little nervous.  But more excited than nervous, I know it'll be great.  If I have amazing people in my district like I do right now, it'll be a blast.

One of our branch presidency was talking to our district this week and said that Elder Holland was secretly on campus this past week and visited a specific branch.  It really surprised me - - I wonder how many times he comes to the MTC without us knowing - - probably a lot because he's in charge of us all.  Every Saturday we do TRC, where we teach members of the church and just get to know them and give them a message - - I wish it was everyday it is SO much fun.  A couple of weeks ago we taught a guy from Mexico, and he was the nicest guy we've taught so far.  Hermana Jacobsen and I found him this week.  Turns out he's a brand new missionary!  He's going to serve in Colorado, but is staying here for six weeks to learn English because his mission president doesn't speak Spanish.  It's fun talking to him.  His branch is all learning English, but they are all from different countries, Mexico, Brazil and Japan.  That would definitely be interesting.
 
I can't wait to talk to you SOON!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment