Thursday, March 14, 2013

13 Days To Tempe

I should be getting my travel plans today!  I'm so excited to leave!  And so nervous, too.  We're learning a lot of spanish, and I feel like I'm not really catching on as much as I used to.  But our district is trying to speak our language as much as possible, I'd say we're doing a pretty good job.  We are officially the oldest district in the zone, which is sad and I don't like it.  haha.  I miss the other districts.  

I have a "calling" in the zone.  I was called to music coordinator, and since I'm not very musical we'll see how that goes.  Hermana J is the coordinating sister so we go around every night to all the girls' rooms and talk with them.  It's a lot of fun.  We have awesome girls.

So, Sundays here.   Usually we begin our day by studying, and then while the elders are in priesthood, we go to the gym and watch The Spoken Word.  Directly after that is Relief Society and usually someone really cool comes for that.  One of the presidency of the YW or RS, so it's fun and always great.  Then we go on a temple walk where we take pictures and just relax by the temple and come back for lunch.  Then we go to sacrament meeting for an hour.   Sunday night we have a devotional by someone cool.   Last Sunday it was a member of the Seventy -- one of the funniest people I've heard talk.  I can't remember his name now.   Then after that we watch church movies in the gum.

The food here all tastes the same, and they give us huge portions.   Wednesdays and Sundays are good because we get the good BYU ice cream :)  Plus this week Hermana J's mom sent cookies, Elder Biggs' mom sent literal Cheesecake Factory cheesecake (a whole one), and Elder Roger's mom sent homemade cinnamon rolls, so I've been fed well by the district.  haha.

I'll send a letter today letting you know my travel plans, and so you can be ready for a phone call.   Only 13 days left until I leave.

Love,
Shelb

1 comment: