Monday, July 8, 2013

4th of July and New Investigators

This week has been pretty good.   My new companion, Sister C., is 6'2", from Georgia and SO different than Sister White. 

This fourth was so funny.  We went to the Spanish branch 4th of July party and Hermana S. made us all sing the Star Spangled Banner, America the Beautiful, and My Country Tis of Thee, and say the Pledge of Allegiance before we were allowed to eat.  All the songs and everything was in English, so all the Spanish people just stood  there during it.   Haha, it was really funny.  The party went a little long, and then we had to come back to our house at 6:30.   It was a fun night :)

This week I've seen a haboob, and two "monsoons" - - they're really just like a lightning storm in Washington.  But we're required to come home when they come so we don't get valley fever.

This week was pretty great, though.   We have 7 new investigators, and one of them is on a date for  the 27th.  Do you remember C?   She wanted to get baptized but she didn't want to get married so we had to drop her a while ago.  The other day we went to her house to visit with her for a little bit and she said, "I have a surprise for you".   Then she said, "I'm getting MARRIED!!"   So, she's in Vegas this week with her boyfriend - or now husband :)  So we're planning on having her baptized on the 23rd, on her birthday :)  I was so happy!   Then another lady, E - we offered her the baptismal date and she said, "Well, I'd really like that.  But I think I should get married first.  It's probably about time."   So, things are looking up again in good ole Casa Grande.

I've been missing letters!  I'm at that point in my mission where letters come only once a week - - and from Grandma.   But, hopefully more letters will come!


Sister Parry made this for me!   The interior is gray and the steering wheel is "crimson" - - Go Cougs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment