Monday, May 6, 2013

Transfers . . . or Not


I don't really have anything special to say this week except that this week I learned that I don't like transfers.  They were supposed to call us last night, but we got a text from our zone leaders that said they are not going to tell us anyathing until tonight at 9 p.m.   So I don't know if I'm staying or going yet . . . and then they sent another text message that said that President expects us to be inside our apartments today from 2-6 and we are expected to clean our apartments as if the whole mission will be leaving, and we need to update our area books.  I really hope I don't leave Casa Grande.   We are teaching so many people and the members are so great.  But I guess we'll see, and I'll tell you Sunday!

We had dinner at Teresa and Andre's home this past week.   It was so sad - he opened his fridge and it was bone dry.  But somehow they made us an amazing dinner of sanoradogs - - so good!  They asked the branch for help with money because Andres is still out of a job.  But when the people came to give them help, they somehow offended Andres, so they refuse to use the money they gave them.  It's really hard, and it sucks to see.  They're the coolest investigators I've had, but Sunday when I saw them they were sitting all by themselves.   But they told us . . ."The people aren't perfect, but we know the church is."  Rad people.

This week too we had a full authentic Mexican fiesta meal.  Carne asada!  Mmm, soo good.  I had cactus - -it's really gross and slimy - who would have known?!  And I had a squid leg -- very salty.  They gave us an entire homemade cheesecake to take home, too.  It was the best meal I've had in Casa Grande so far.

I love you!  Can't wait to talk to you on Sunday!   Can you beleive I'm already 1/6 of the way done??  Craziness.

No comments:

Post a Comment