Monday, September 16, 2013

Good-Bye Casa Grande, Hello Gilbert!

So, Gilbert/Chandler.  We are literally across the street from the Gilbert mission.  I was really sad to hear I was coming here, not too many Spanish-speakers.  BUT, then I found out that some of my favorite people have served here, like Sister W, P and Elder M.  So, that makes it better seeing their names in the area book.  It was really sad leaving Casa Grande, though, especially to say good-bye to Shawn and Monica.   But, they're going to call me when they go through the temple :)   So, I'm excited for June! 

My new companion is Hermana M.  She was born in Peru and grew up in Paris, so her first language is French and her second is Spanish.  She learned English in the MTC!  So, it's good because whenever we're out of the house we speak Spanish the whole time, and it helps a lot!  I can finally understand - wooo!  - - well, for the most part :)  So, lessons are a lot more fun now that I know what's going on.   But, Hermana M is very . . . European.  Take that as you will, but it's going to be a hard transfer . . . again.  I don't know why President Toone does this to me . . hahaha.   

But, things are going well.  I'm sure once I get used to things in Gilbert I'll like it more.   BUT, the members are great and the bishop is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment