Thursday, February 28, 2013

Week Two

 

 
Today was temple day and it was so great! I went with my zone, and it was fun to see all my friends there. I definitely love having the temple across the street.
 
This week has been really great. Tuesday was devotional, and we could all just feel like it was going to be somebody good.  So we waited in line for an hour to get a seat, and waited for the speaker to finally come in.  Everyone automatically stands up, in the middle of a song we were singing, it was really cool. We heard from Elder Ballard.  It was such a great talk.  How many times will an apostle read from his scriptures 3rd Nephi 11 to everyone?!   It was great. The MTC choir sang “Consider the Lillies” and it made me think of dad. We also heard from Sister Mary Cook - 1st Counselor of the YW general presidency.

We were getting ready to give a discussion to our investigator Martin, when all of a sudden who walks into the room?  Martin. Ha!  He's our new teacher now!  So now we have two teachers, and we teach both Hermana Child and Hermano Dean (aka Martin).  It's pretty fun.  So now I'm teaching Raul and Susana.  We've started our 3rd week here now, and people who just barely got here are coming into our classroom and teaching us Spanish. It's funny and insulting haha! –

So you heard about two new missions in Arizona, ya? They've told us that some of us will end up serving in the Gilbert mission, now.  I'm hoping that I will be able to.  They're getting a new temple in September and I want to be able to go!  And they have cooler weather.  haha.   I can't wait to get to Arizona though. My skin is sickly white and I'm in need of some sun.


I see Kim Johnson a lot and it's really nice!  It's fun to see people from Walla, it's like a little slice of home.  I also saw Briana Fulbright here, she's in our stake, which was super cool.  I haven't seen Jeremy yet, but I'll keep my eyes open. I really can't wait until Courtney gets here though. The day she gets here is the one and only day that I'm allowed to welcome the new missionaries, so I'm really excited about that.

My branch president, President Collett (he is SO amazing - one of the best leaders I've had) - had a conference thing and met with President Uchtdorf.   President Collett said he spoke with him about our zone for quite a bit, and President Uchtdorf said that there has literally never been a better time to be a missionary and that he sends his love to all of us.

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!! I think about you a lot and hope you're doing well :)

Love, Hermana Shelbs

 

1 comment: