Monday, November 4, 2013

Pretty Dang Great

Well, this week was pretty dang great.  We called a former investigator, Miguel, to ask for his address.   He didn't answer.   But he called us back in less than an hour and asked us to meet with him that night.  We taught him the restoration - - he already knew it and even told us how Joseph Smith received the priesthood.  He's on date for the 23rd for his baptism!  So that was a miracle. 

I had my first Missionary Leadership meeting, and the whole mission got iPads.   So that's weird.  No more having to carry around all of our scriptures, pamphlets and what not.  No more area book, because it is all being transferred to the iPad.

The very best part of my week was on Saturday.  R, in Chandler, had his baptism.  So I got permission, and we found a ride.   I had to go because Hermana M and I had taught him all his lessons.  It was one of the top 3 things that I've ever had happen in my mission so far.  He looked so different.  He was shaven and clean and looked so happy - - his whole countenance was different.  His baptism was the best.   After he came up out of the water he just stood there, then put his head into his hands.  The bishop who baptized him put his arm around his shoulders, then he hugged him and they stood there for a minute or two as he just cried.  It was one of the most powerful things I've ever seen.

So, it was a good week!

We are the 5th mission in the entire world to get these bad boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment