Monday, June 3, 2013

Weird week, 110 degrees & Pahrump, NV

This week was weird.  We went on exchanges, but it wasn't real exchanges.  The two sister trainers came down from Mesa and we were in awkward threesomes.  It was just weird.  Then they called us the next day and told me and Sister White that we were coming up to Mesa Saturday for another exchange.  So we did, and it was weird.  I didn't really feel lilke there was a purpose.  I followed them around and that was basically it.  Kind of a waste of time in my opinion, but I did learn a lot from the sister trainer, Spanish-wise.

I don't know if I ever told you about our investigator Amy.  At first we had a really hard time getting in with her because she is an alcoholic.  But we finally saw her at church one day after she checked herself into rehab.  She is the coolest we've taught English-wise.  So fun and funny.  She is putting together a care package for us :)   She really wants to be baptized but says she wants to wait a year so she feels like she can really have a handle on her drinking.  Her kids are so cute.  They're all members except for her.   But we really think that she could be baptized very soon if she wanted to be.  Everytime she sees us she tells us how many days sober she is.  And we put our old maintenance man, Jose, on date for the 15th :)   woohoo!

I don't think I ever told you that our investigators Shawn and Monica lived in Pahrump, too!  We gave each other an extra long hug because we know how hard Pahrump is.

This past week since President Howes will be leaving in less than a month he has started us a Book of Mormon challenge.  We are reading the entire BofM by July 2.  He gives us goals to reach every week.  So instead of having district meetings we have district Book of Mormon reading meetings.  I'm almost done with 2nd Nephi, focusing on the doctrine of Christ.  It's really interesting.

Well, today we had our first heat warning.  It's supposed to be 110 degrees today.  Thank goodness for P-days, except we're biking to the trailers this evening.   Oh well. 

Well, things here are great!  I love it here so far. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment